How do I have my child tested?
Some parents, especially those with older children, choose to have their child tested for their end of the year assessment.
If you choose testing, you will do this instead of having a teacher assess your child. You do NOT have to do both!
Those who choose testing often do so, to give their students practice in taking standardized tests.
If this is your choice, use this form and send the testing results with next year's notification. (HSLDA has their own forms if you are a member)
Iowa or Stanford achievement testing
Seton testing (California achievement test)
- Tests may be purchased through BJU Press
- You must have a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree OR a Teacher certification from a state department of education to administer tests.
- You may test your own child if you meet the above criteria.
- If you do not meet their criteria, you may call BJU press and request a list of approved testers in your area 1-800-845-5731
- Any parent may administer the test - a degree or certification is NOT required
- Test is inexpensive only $25
- Scores are not given based on number of right/wrong answers, rather are a comparison of your child's scores to others who took the test. (i.e. A 57% means he scored better than 57% of students taking the same test.)
- You may order the tests at http://setontesting.com/